Monday - Friday
8:30 - 2:00

(973) 948-3520

133 Route 645
Sandyston, NJ  07826

Tax Assessor

Change of Ownership

Tax bills should be given to the new owner or his paying agent, upon closing.  

Please be advise, the Sussex County Clerk's Office records all deeds in Sussex County and advises the Tax Assessor of all changes.  Once notified, the Tax Assessor updates the MOD-V reflecting a change of ownership in our system.  Please note, due to the abundance of home sales in Sussex County, the recording of deeds is behind and it could take several months to see this change show up in our system.  
Thank you for your patience.

Change of Address Requests

Address changes must be submitted in writing by the property owner (email Tax Assessor or email Municipal Clerk, fax (973-948-0783), or mail). 

It is always best to follow up with the Tax Assessor/Municipal Clerk to be sure your request has been received and to verify that you did in fact request this change.

Tax Appeal Information

Tax Appeal forms can be obtained in two ways:

  1. You can mail a self-addressed stamped envelope requesting the form and instructions to:

    Sussex County Board of Taxation
    83 Spring Street, Suite 301
    Newton, NJ  07860

  2. Or you can download the forms and instructions at: Sussex County Tax Board.

The filing deadline is April 1st of each year.